There has been a lot of hype around IoT in the last decade. Converting basic appliances and daily task into data collecting technologies that help you make data driven decisions, while building a more convenient life.
Bringing the internet of things (IoT) into households around the world seems like the next logical step for a progressive society, right beside electric cars, space travel, and hyperloop transportation.
When making the decision to begin the transformation from shelter to full-fledged Smart Home you need to find out what is most important to you. I’ve broken it down to three categories.
Turning your house into a smart home may sound expense, and often it is. Fortunately many Smart Appliances are being built to save energy and help bring down the utility bills.
- Nest Learning Thermostat “A thermostat that knows when you’re around, turns itself down when you’re away, and keeps things just how you like them.”
- Lighting Controls are one of the top ways to save money on the electric bill. The best place to start is changing incandescent bulbs to LED’s, then install occupancy sensors, But no Smart Home is complete until you can dim your fixtures via an app.
- Forget saving money, how about making it? If you install solar panels that produce more energy than your home uses in a month then the utility company pays you! **Varies on location
Whether you want to protect your family or x-box, smart home technology can help keep your home safe.
- Now when someone rings the doorbell a camera can turn on and send the feed to your phone.
- Putting motion sensor lights on the exterior of your home is a perfect deterrent for would be criminals.
- Wireless Smart Lock can be locked and un-locked from anywhere!
A majority of the Smart Home technology falls under this category, they can automate repetitive task, create a more organized lifestyle, and make us feel like George Jetson.
- Amazon Dash wont let you forget anymore!
- Headed home from a long night and need a cup of coffee? Don’t wait until you get home to get the pot brewing, just pull out your phone.
- Minimize that list of responsibilities by automating task, like feeding Rufus!